Re: config.sub and config.guess | .diff.gz bloat

On Thu, Nov 06, 2003 at 03:25:28PM +1100, Zenaan Harkness wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-11-06 at 13:58, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
[...]
>> Anyway, whatever you do, you are to keep these files up-to-date.

> Even if the program I'm packaging doesn't use autotools
[...]

If your package does not use autoconf (or automake) there is no
reason to include these files.

But don't get me wrong, I am not talking about the package requiring
that autoconf is installed, but that it includes a ./configure which
was generated by autoconf from configure.(in|ac).

I.e. usually you have to keep up to date but you don't need to *add*
them if they are not present in the original sourcetree.
             cu andreas
fuhggvat qbja gur juveyvat tha.
Neal Stephenson in "Snow Crash"