A question about boot order

Hello all,

I recently took over hdparm when it was orphaned, and as I was looking
it over, I decided to finally add the init script that had multiple
wishlist bugs open as I wanted the feature anyway.  I wrote up something
I'm happy with as far as the script itself goes (although more review
would always be welcome if anyone wants to look - it's in the archive
now).

My reason for writing in is that I am trying to figure out where in the
boot order to place it - I have taken the 'defaults' for now, as that
doesn't really harm anything.  I would like to move it earlier in the
boot sequence, but still leave wiggle room if an admin screws up.  This
means moving it to the very beginning of entering a runlevel (rc2-5.d/S10
or so).  It makes the most sense to me to have it right after mountall,
but that leaves no room in case of error, and I'm not happy with that -
this program has too much potential to do real harm.

Do my ideas seem reasonable, or should I say 'the admin really should
know better, I am going to place it where it actually does the most
good' - which would be rcS/S41 or so - ?  I prefer to protect users from
potential harm where possible, but I am looking for others opinions on
this.

Thanks,
|   ,''`.					     Stephen Gran |
|  : :' :					 sgran@debian.org |
|  `. `'			Debian user, admin, and developer |
|    `-					    http://www.debian.org |