Re: Managing Debian packages with Subversion

#include <hallo.h>
* Jamin W. Collins [Fri, Aug 29 2003, 03:13:44PM]:

> What _stupidness_ are you refering to?  I've always just used something
> like:
>
>    svn merge http://pkg/upstream/a.b http://pkg/upstream/current trunk

Always? Nice to see that it can work with three arguments and apply the
changes to the working direcotry. That is something _not_ documented in
the book and is easy to be overseen in the --help message.

> Where http://pkg/upstream/current always contains the latest version of
> the upstream source and http://pkg/upstream/a.b is a tag of it (svn cp)
> at some time in the past.
>
> I maintain http://pkg/upstream/current with svn_load_dirs.

Another example of bad documented crap, without useful help messages...

svn_load_dirs file:///home/user/rep-svn/svn-testing/lilo-x lilo-22.2 lilo-22.5.7.2
/usr/bin/svn_load_dirs: import_dir `lilo-22.2' is a directory.

AAAAAARGH, of course it is one, I want to specify it as the current
upstream dir.  Enough for today, I am kinda pissed after having to deal
with the way of managing svn.

I think I should write all the needed commands together in the
survival-guide-for-new-svn-users.

MfG,
Eduard.
--
Solange es Haare gibt, liegen sich die Menschen in denselben.
		-- Heinz Erhardt