Re: When to use debconf, and how much?

Joshua Kwan <joshk@triplehelix.org> schrieb:

> On Sat, Aug 23, 2003 at 05:00:00PM +0200, Frank Küster wrote:
>> - Ask wether the laptop uses PCMCIA or not.
>>
>>   If yes, /etc/pcmcia/network.opts should contain the necessary
>>   information, it is parsed.
>>
>>   If no a scheme is set up based on /etc/network/interfaces and
>>   /etc/resolv.conf
>
> This could be determined based on ps ax | grep cardmgr or something. It
> is not necessary to ask a debconf question about it, I think.

Hm. Once someone comes up with something much better than cardmgr and
calls it differently, it will fail.

> As for the others, I think they're ok, except that the notice should be
> priority low.

If I have a secure method to figure out wether we're using PCMIA or not,
I think I can reliably set up netenv based on the existing configuration
(or rather, reliably test if trying to set it up worked). So either I
ask that question, or I don't really need to ask any.

I don't use PCMCIA these days, and I don't feel competent to develop "or
something".

Thank you, Frank
Abt. Biophysikalische Chemie