Re: gcc versions and c++ packages

David Meggy wrote:
> Searching the mailing lists, oddly shows up nothing.  I think the debian
> mailing list search page needs some fixing.

I think this was in debian-devel.  Since I had the page up in my
browser when I read your message here it is.

  http://people.debian.org/~rmurray/c++transition.html

I tried the Debian search engine http://lists.debian.org/search.html
but it returned no hits.  So I might have to agree with your
statement.

But I usually use google.com for my searching.  You can restrict the
matches to just the site you are looking for.  This works for more
than just the debian lists and is a generally useful thing to know
about the search engine.  Using this search string finds the plan as
the first match.

  site:debian.org gcc transition plan

Personally I will be happy two years from now when we have the
transition completely behind us instead of mostly in front of us.

HTH,
Bob