Re: can't install from a local repository

Forgot to mention that I got this after doing apt-get update:

Ign file: binary/ Release
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done

I thought that the first line might have been ok because I'm not doing any pinning. Maybe that was a bad assumption.

apt-cache policy spinelli revealed:

spinelli:
Installed: (none)
Candidate: (none)
Version Table:

I'm not sure why this is because doing a apt-ftppackage package results in this in the packages.gz

Package: spinelli
<insert long description, indented with spaces>

which has version 0.9

Eric

Christopher Curtis wrote:

Eric Winger wrote:
> But when I do a
> apt-get install spinelli (spinelli is my package)
>
> I get this message.
> E: Package spinelli has no installation candidate

I assume the 'apt-get update' succeeded;
Try apt-cache policy spinelli

Also - look at your packages file and make sure the File: header points
to the correct .deb on your server.  This should be pretty easy to track
down using just a web browser.

Chris