Re: Problems with UTF-8 in changelog

On Fri, Aug 15, 2003 at 05:41:51PM +0200, Frank Küster wrote:

> Matt Zimmerman <mdz@debian.org> schrieb:
> > dpkg-parsechangelog seems to have parsed it fine.  Perhaps your terminal
> > does not support UTF-8?
>
> Hm, I could check this. However, what made me look at the output of
> dpkg-parsechangelog was that signing failed because the secret key for
> this strange guy (Frank KÃ?ster) couldn't be found...

That would probably be because the name on your GPG key is not in UTF-8.
You can add a new uid which has the name in UTF-8, or you can use the -k
option to specify the key to sign with.

> Is the terminal involved at all? Isn't dpkg-buildpackage handing what it
> got from dpkg-buildpackge directly to gpg?

You didn't mention anything about gpg at all.  You pasted the Maintainer
field and said that you thought dpkg-parsechangelog had failed to parse the
file.

--
 - mdz