Re: GNAT 3.15p

Ludovic Brenta <ludovic.brenta@insalien.org> writes:

>> Your shared library support is probably incompatible with ACT's.  Do
>> you really want to enable it by default?
>
> Well, yes, I would like to, especially since gnat 3.14p did, too.

Ah, let's keep the old mistakes. 8-)

> Could you shed some light on what makes "my" shared library support
> incompatible with ACT's?

ACT's GNAT puts in an rpath, and links to a .so library, not a .so.1
library.

I just tested it: no compatibility at all, in both directions.  If you
want to distribute Ada programs, you have to link statically.

Furthermore, the FSF GNAT version (GNAT 5.00w) uses the same soname,
but is probably not ABI compatible.