Re: Trying to make my first package...

On Fri, Aug 01, 2003 at 16:22 +0200, Julien Barnier wrote:
> The new version is here :
> http://www.nozav.org/debian/

I couldn't see your package listed at:

http://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp/prospective
http://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp/work_needing

If wmxmms is a new package, you should file an ITP (intent to package).
Follow the instructions at:

http://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp/

You will then get an email with a bug number. Put the following (or
something similar) in your debian/changelog:

  * Initial Release (closes: #nnnnnn).

where nnnnnn is the bug number associated with your ITP.

I tried to build your debian package from wmxmms_0.1.4.orig.tar.gz and
wmxmms_0.1.4-1.diff.gz. I found a problem, however. Your debian/control
is missing something (the X client libraries) in the 'Build-Depends'
line. The following lines are from dpkg-buildpackage:

[...]
checking for X... no
checking for XShapeCombineMask in -lXext... no
The shape extension stuff could not be found in the X client libraries
make: *** [config.status] Error 1

Kind regards,

Aníbal Monsalve Salazar
--

 .''`.  Debian GNU/Linux      | Building 28C
: :' :  Free Operating System | Monash University VIC 3800