Re: changelog in utf-8 conflicts with maintainer in control

On Fri, Aug 01, 2003 at 01:33:18PM +0200, Eduard Bloch wrote:
> #include <hallo.h>
> * Celso González [Fri, Aug 01 2003, 01:14:33PM]:
>
> > So when the uploader checks the name of the Maintainer in the control
> > file (not utf-8) with the name in the changelog says that are different,
> 	^^^^^^^^^
>
> Show me where policy tells you not to use UTF-8 in control files but
> some other non-ascii charset with some other encoding instead.

Well, I think is not clear enough
A reflexion from the guy that suggest the change in policy

Extracted from C2.2
"Now, we can't switch to using UTF-8 for package control fields
and the like until dpkg has better support, but one thing we can
start doing today is requesting that Debian changelogs are UTF-8
encoded"

Maintainer is a control field

The solution is that both files have the same encoding (both latin1 or
both utf-8) but iŽm not sure that utf-8 is correct for debina/control

Thanks for your answer

--
Celso González