Re: RFS: pdsh -- An efficient rsh-like utility, for using hosts in paralell

On Mon, Jul 14, 2003 at 19:50 -0500, Brian Pellin wrote:
> I'm looking for a sponsor for this package, all of the details should be
> below.
>
> Previously, pdsh had some licensing issues that conflicted with the
> DFSG, but upstream has been gracious in clearing them up.  I have
> current packages available at:
>
> http://users.ntsource.com/~bpellin/debian/

Your pdsh_1.7-6-1_i386.changes doesn't have a 'closes: #197839'.

http://users.ntsource.com/~bpellin/debian/pdsh_1.7-6-1_i386.changes:

Changes:
 pdsh (1.7-6-1) unstable; urgency=low
 .
 * Updated docs
 * Remove setuid root bit on pdsh as default

Put a line similar to the one below in debian/changelog:

   * New maintainer (closes #197839).

> * Package name    : pdsh
>  Version         : 1.7-6
>  Upstream Author : Jim Garlick <garlick@llnl.gov>
> * URL             : http://www.llnl.gov/linux/pdsh/pdsh.html
> * License         : GPLv2
>  Description     :
>
> Pdsh is a high-performance, parallel remote shell utility. It has
> built-in, thread-safe clients for Berkeley and Kerberos V4 rsh, and can
> call SSH externally (though with reduced performance). Pdsh uses a
> "sliding window" parallel algorithm to conserve socket resources on the
> initiating node and to allow progress to continue while timeouts occur
> on some connections.
>
> --
>
> Brian Pellin

Kind regards,

Aníbal Monsalve Salazar
--

 .''`.  Debian GNU/Linux      | Building 28C
: :' :  Free Operating System | Monash University VIC 3800