FTBFS bug - help needed

Hello all,

I am having a problem with one of my packages on hppa, and I can not
seem to resolve it myself.  The bug# is 191124, for reference, viewable
here:

The gist is that this program needs to access the CD for cddb lookups,
and in order to do so it #includes linux/cdrom.h, which pulls in a bunch
of other kernel headers.  I know that using kernel headers is usually
bad ju-ju, but cdrom.h seems to say that it is meant to be the canonical
header for applications wanting to access CD devices, so I am not sure
upstream was wrong to do it this way.

In any event, I have contacted upstream, and he was willing to help (and
suggested a few things to try) but does not have an hppa box to test the
results on.  So far, all my tries on paer have not worked any better
than the original.  This is the only architecture where this is a
problem, as well, but I am not sure what that implies about where the
underlying problem is.

I am hoping to spark a discussion about whether upstream is wrong in
doing things this way, and this is why it breaks, or if there are known
problems with this sort of thing on hppa, or what.  If it turns out
upstream is doing a reasonable thing, then I guess I am going to have to
speak with the hppa port people for assistance, but if it seems like
upstream is being reasonable, then I am going to have to work with him
to come up with a fix for this.

Thanks in advance,
|  Stephen Gran                  | The best man for the job is often a     |
|  steve@lobefin.net             | woman.                                  |