Re: Mentor Request

On Tue, Jul 16, 2002 at 12:03:41AM -0400, Philip S. Hempel wrote:
>  My name is Philip Hempel, I am looking for someone that would be
> willing to sponser me for a package called MessageWall from
> http://messagewall.org.

> This package hase two libraries that it depends on. The first is
> libfirestring, a package used for parsing and managing configurations.
> The second is libfiredns, used for DNS queries.

> ... have been told that one
> other is hoping to place the libs and dsbl-testers into Debian (Andres
> Salomon, a present Debian maintainer)

Coincidence. I've packed firestring and firedns together with the
dsbl-testers into debian packages. As I am no maintainer, they are not in
the debian distribution, and I did not have the opportunity to
double-check them for correctness and search for a sponsor. Upstream did
not respond to my mails either.

I would welcome those packages in debian.

If of interest to anyone out there, download them from
http://www.linuxpunk.org/debian/dsbl.

> Thanks and I hope that this package will be allowed into Debian with the
> support of a mentor.

Me too :)

Regards
Martin