Re: no changes file

Hi!

On Mon, 2002-03-18 at 23:49, David H. Askew wrote:

>   I added a line in rules to the clean target...
>
>   rebuilt with both dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot
>
>   and fakeroot debian/rules binary, but neither produces
a .changes
>   file!
>
>   .. only errors/complaints reported from either process
involve my lack
> of a pgp private key and ... which hasn't been
generated... and ..

If you don't have a private key, you can try
"dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -us -uc". Anyway, you will
need one if you want to become a debian developper... Su
why not create one now?

> dpkg-gencontrol: warning: unknown substitution variable
> ${shlibs:Depends}
>
> ..which is related to a depends line in the control file
which I still
> don't understand... but it was suggested that I leave
the line in, by
> the documentation....

That's stange. This is some kind of variable, which is
substituted by dpkg-gencontrol with a value computed by
dh_shlibdeps. But I don't understand why dpkg-buildpackage
seem not to fail that step, whereas debian/rules binary
does... Perhaps you should send your debian/rules to the
list.

Regards,

Nicolas

PS: no need to send me your answers, I'm subscribed to
-mentors.
Profitez de l'offre spéciale Tiscali Liberty Surf !
50% de temps en plus pendant 3 mois sur tous les forfaits Internet.

http://register.libertysurf.fr/subscribe_fr/signup.php3