New package

Hi there,

I've written a small program that I'd like to package and have included
in the debian archive.  It's a gnome applet that allows you to set
alarms and then be notified when those alarms go off.

I think I have all the debian/* files set up properly - I can generate a
.deb file ok and lintian only complains about something that I'm not
sure can be fixed:
E: alarm-applet: file-in-usr-marked-as-conffile
/usr/share/applets/Clocks/alarm_applet.desktop

What is the next step for me?  Getting this package sponsored?

Thanks!
Chris