Re: Kernel Patch Packages

On Thu, 14 Mar 2002 01:07, Ian Duggan wrote:
> When packaging kernel patches, should the patches be against the debian
> kernel sources or the stock kernels? I have several patches I'm
> packaging for the stock kernels. It would be a lot of work to pull down
> all the various debian kernels and modify the patches for them.
>
> How should this be handled?

My kernel-patch packages were all built against the source tree from
ftp.kernel.org.  All except two of them came from the upstream that way.

If someone reports a bug against these packages about problems applying to
the Debian kernel-source package then I'll look into it and try and make a
patch that applies to both.

So far no-one has filed a bug report so presumably my patches all apply to
the kernel-source packages (or the people who use the kernel-source packages
don't use the patches I manage).

So I say - don't worry about it unless/until you get bug reports.