Re: Compiled pyton files for all arch?

Mikael,

> I think I ought to produce an architecture:any package instead, am I
> right?  Anyone want to confirm, or test it?
Use 'all' if you
- have only .py files
- use only platform independent Python modules
- have no C extension modules

Use 'any' if you
- use only platform independent Python modules
(this allows that you have some C extension modules, but they
must be platform independent)

Use the appropriate arch if you are not platform independent.

You should compile the Python modules in your postinst script,
because .pyc or .pyo files are not version-compatible.
Look at python-base postinst (and prerm) scripts for an example!

Bastian