Re: Binary-only upload

Regarding doing a binary-only upload to fix library dependencies:

> The best way to go is simply to increment the debian revision by 0.1 or so,
> with a changelog entry describing why you did it (binary-only build for arch
> xxx)...

I did this, but now I see this in testing's "update excuses":

turqstat 2.0.2 (currently 1.2-1) (optional) (low)
            Maintainer: peter karlsson <peterk@debian.org>
            turqstat uploaded 52 days ago, out of date by 42 days!
 >          out of date on i386: xturqstat (from 2.0.2.0.1)
 >          there are up to date bins in i386 also
            not considered

What does this mean? turqstat produces two packages, one console
version and one X version (using Qt). Since I linked against the wrong
version of Qt (a non-Debian package), I recompiled the xturqstat
package and uploaded as 2.0.2.0.1, hoping that this would clear up the
problems and allow this package into testing, but it seems not to have
done so, even though it's more than ten days since I uploaded the
package (it was uploaded on 2001-03-23), and all arches have build
2.0.2 in unstable.

Why isn't my package coming into testing?

--
\\//
peter - http://www.softwolves.pp.se/

  Statement concerning unsolicited e-mail according to Swedish law:
  http://www.softwolves.pp.se/peter/reklampost.html