Re: dpkg-statoverride sucks

On Wed, Jan 31, 2001 at 08:25:31AM +1100, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 30, 2001 at 12:02:16PM +0000, Julian Gilbey wrote:
> > dpkg-statoverride is only for the sysadmin to change things *from*
> > their normal settings.
>
> But that doesn't explain why it says the directory doesn't exist..

Speaking of that problem, there's something else that's strange.
There's no var directory in the CONTENTS directory in the .deb file (when
looking inside the file using mc (Midnight Commander) ), although there is a
usr directory.  But /var/lib/games/mirrormagic gets created
regardless.  It's created during build with the command  dh_installdirs
usr/lib/games/mirrormagic usr/games var/lib/games/mirrormagic and can be
seen in debian/tmp, but simply can't be seen inside the deb file's CONTENTS
directory, as seen from mc. But it is listed by dpkg -c, so I guess that just
means mc has a bug.

Anyway, I tried also using dpkg-statoverride in postinst to set the mode for
/usr/lib/games/mirrormagic, not just /var/lib... and do get the same problem:

warning: --update given but /usr/lib/games/mirrormagic does not exist

So does that mean this part of the problem is a bug in dpkg-statoverride?

Drew

--
PGP public key available at http://dparsons.webjump.com/drewskey.txt
Fingerprint: A110 EAE1 D7D2 8076 5FE0  EC0A B6CE 7041 6412 4E4A