upgrading smoothly

Hello all,

so I have this package, prozgui, and it makes 3 packages:
prozgui, libprozilla1 and libprozilla1-dev.

I had prozgui depending on libprozilla before, but the so version
has changed and I bumped the name of the package to libprozilla1
(what do I do now? ask to remove libprozilla from the archives?)

ok, but that's not my main problem... it is that I cannot find
a way for prozgui to be upgraded automatically... I did:

Package: libprozilla1
Section: libs
Architecture: any
Conflicts: libprozilla
Replaces: libprozilla
Depends: ${shlibs:Depends}

Package: libprozilla1-dev
Section: devel
Architecture: any
Depends: libprozilla1

Package: prozgui
Architecture: any
Conflicts: libprozilla
Depends: ${shlibs:Depends}

and I thought that would be enough to make prozgui to upgrade
nicely, what's the problem and what should I do?

ps: There's a bug report on it, reporter said it prozgui needs
to Replaces: libprozilla, but I did not even try that because it
doesn't seem clean to me...

thanks

--
    Gustavo Noronha Silva - kov <http://www.metainfo.org/kov>
| : :'  : + Debian BR.......: <http://debian-br.cipsga.org.br>+
| `. `'`  + Q: "Why did the chicken cross the road?"          +
|   `-    | A: "Upstream's decision." -- hmh                  |