Re: sourceforge sucks

On Monday 12 November 2001 09:59, Roland Mas wrote:
> Yven Johannes Leist (2001-11-10 18:22:26 +0100) :
> > On Saturday 10 November 2001 18:13, Yven Johannes Leist wrote:
> >> das mit dem release könnte noch dauern, suckforge ist gerade grauenhaft
> >> langsam bis überhaupt nicht mehr responding :-((
> >
> > sorry for the inconvenience, this message was not supposed to go
> > here, I must have hit the wrong button.
>
> I don't understand much German, but it sounded like you're not very
> happy with Sourceforge.net.  I can therefore only suggest you install
> your own Sourceforge, for which there is a package (maintained by
> yours truly).  It's not as current as sf.net, obviously, since the
> upstream code hasn't been released for a while, but it works rather
> fine.  Of course, if it doesn't, bug reports are welcome :-)

Thanks for the hint, I did so already, (and I think you've done a great job
with this package),
but my problem with sourceforge.net was simply that I could not upload a new
release for our project xnap (for which there is a debian package by the way)
for quite a long time due to their servers being totally unresponding;

By the way I'm of course not really of the opinion that sourceforge "sucks";
one really has to admit that valinux does an incredible job for the open
source commity, hosting I think more than 16000 projects on their servers,
which sort of explains why they are a bit slow sometimes.

Cheers,
Yven

P.S. It would be fantastic if anyone on this list had a look at the debian
package of xnap, to be found here:
Warning:  you need java 1.3 so that probably severely limits the number of
people willing to try it :-(
--

Yven Leist - leist@beldesign.de
http://www.yven.beldesign.de