Re: dh_maninstall isn't finding control (now the manpage)

hi joey,

thanks.   yes, you're right: the problem was pdamaze.manpages.

i think part of the problem is that "debian new maintainer's guide" really
glosses over the debhelper utilities.   after printing it out and going over
the entire document, i was still a little unsure about what exactly the
debhelper scripts do.  it's a complicated subject with lots of helper scripts
that one should know about.  the author did an admirable job, but it could
use some more expounding.   live and learn.

thank you very much!

pete

begin: Joey Hess <joey@kitenet.net> quote
> Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> >   p@satan% ls debian/
> >   README.Debian  docs                 pdamaze.manpages            preinst.ex
> >   changelog      ex.doc-base.package  pdamaze.postinst.debhelper  prerm.ex
> >   conffiles.ex   init.d.ex            pdamaze.postrm.debhelper    rules*
> >   control        menu                 pdamaze.prerm.debhelper     watch.ex
> >   copyright      pdamaze/             postinst.ex
> >   dirs           pdamaze.6            postrm.ex
> >
> >   % dh_installman debian/pdamaze.6
> >   pdamaze.6: No such file or directory at /usr/bin/dh_installman line 98.
>
> I'd suspect that you have a debian/manpages file or similar that it is
> looking in in addition to your command line parameter. Probably with
> "pdamaze.6" in it. Turn on verboe mode with -v, it always sheds light on
> this kind of thing.

                    -- Clause from license for FrontPage 2002