Re: Playing with dpkg's mind

> I want to move the various interactive fiction games from their own
> packages to management by a common "installer" package. See #107245
> and related bugs. The installer package will own the various games;
> any transition packages must end up not containing the respective game
> file so that the transition package can be safely removed without
> purging the game file as well.

I actually rather like having IF games controlled by dpkg -- just like I
like having all the other sofwtware and even documentation I use under
it.  The only issues I see are:

	1. There are a *lot* of IF games!
	2. They are small individually.

Both can be aided by having groups of games when possible -- e.g., one
pack for each IF competition.  Also, both would be alleviated if the
"games" category had a subcategory for IF.

At any rate, we already have a system for managing installed programs.
Is there really no way to use it?

-Lex