Re: apt-howto's package

Gustavo Noronha Silva <kov@debian.org> writes:

> I want to create apt-howto-$lang packages and probably one
> apt-howto meta-package that'll depend on all of them, as I
> don't like to be english-centric, and will not be satisfied
> installing apt-howto-en when asked for apt-howto, my target is
> the world, and not the enlighs-readers, what do you think?

Sounds good to me as an interim measure -- so that people that had
apt-howto installed up to now will not lose languages in the process.

Unless you see definitive value in having an easy way to install all
translations (I don't), you should state in the description that the
package is only there for the purpose of upgrading, can be safely
uninstalled, and will go away somewhen in the future. Like, say,
perl-5.005.

--
Robbe