Re: dpkg-source: unrepresentable changes to source

#include <hallo.h>
Florian Hinzmann wrote on Sun Nov 04, 2001 um 08:18:47PM:

> I can't do a configure run as there is no configure script!
> I do have to run the autotools scripts.
>
> The question is when to run it. Before or after the Debian
> diff is built.

Well, if you _need_ the makefile to clean the cruft after the build, you
may run autogen.sh once, then "make clean", then remove the fresh
created symlinks, then dh_clean. IMHO.

> >> Not an option as far as I understand this issue
> >> up to now. Autobuilders have or might have problems
> >> with this.
> >
> > They should not. If they become trouble, then either your package is
>
> Might be, the should not. But as a matter of fact they do.
> What now?

Find out what actually breaks on auto-builders and file bug reports.

> There is a third option: They have a incompatible version
> of autotools installed. This may happen very easily if a
> newer version is installed than the package uses. Just
> happened with 1.4 -> 1.5!

That is why compatibility is a holy grail in Debian development.

Gruss/Regards,
Eduard.
--
<Alfie> AAARGH, bin ich deppert!