Re: trouble with HTML changelogs and SGML catalogs

Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> writes:

> Convert it to text. Include the html changelog if it makes sense,
> but make changelog.gz be the text version.

Right, I am currently converting it to text and including that.  But
my problem is that policy says specifically that the HTML changelog
should be named 'changelog.html.gz' (and presumably be in the
top-level of the doc directory).  But naming it that would break the
hyperlinks.

Here's how upstream lays out the documentation:

walters@space-ghost> ls -R doc
doc:
authors  changelog  copying  index.html  install  news	todo

doc/authors:
index.html

doc/changelog:
index.html

doc/copying:
index.html

doc/install:
index.html

doc/news:
index.html

doc/todo:
index.html
walters@space-ghost>

And, for example, the toplevel index.html references
changelog/index.html.

Right now I'm just copying all those subdirectories to
/usr/share/doc/xml-resume-library.  So should I do:

cp changelog/index.html changelog.html && gzip -9qf changelog.html

...in addition to having the changelog available as
changelog/index.html?

I guess this is a relatively minor thing, but I don't like seeing
lintian errors every time I debuild :)

Maybe Julian's suggestion of a lintian override is the best in this
situation, since it's just a 'should'.