Re: Processed: glimpse package is no longer in the Debian archive

On Friday 31 August 2001 13:18, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 28, 2001 at 09:09:03AM +0200, Josip Rodin wrote:
> > Using 'close' to close bugs, especially those which arn't really
> > fixed but just no longer useful, is WRONG. The submitter only gets
> >
> > If this abuse continues, I might just exercise my ability to
> > disable the close command in the control bot one day...
>
> Do it. There's not much reason to use the close command, when
> you can just email -done.

Hmm, don't know wether i'm doing the right thing, but i'm currently
mailing submitters (and NMUers) to tell them that i close the bug with
the upload.
I like to have the close in the cangelog when it is really related to
an entry there.

And as one of
>> People! Yes, you, newbies who haven't read the BTS documentation!
having read the BTS docs i still have a documentation problem when it
comes to deal with bugs correctly.
Should i ever find the time, would i scan the list archives to put
together sth.like 'bug-digest'. May be somebody with more experience
will do that before ... ;-)

greetings, martin