Re: Future Developer(hopefully!) seeking sponsorship

  Colin> Hi all, well as the subject line says I'm interested in
  Colin> maintaining some Debian Packages and have signed up at
  Colin> http://www.internatif.org/bortzmeyer/debian/sponsor/.  Now
  Colin> unfortunately I dont know any other Debian Developers so I hope
  Colin> this is the right place to ask for assistance.

I'm interested in sponsoring you. And yes, this is a good place to ask for
assistance.

  Colin> Basically I have packaged the following and would love to maintain
  Colin> then. i use these programs everyday myself.

  Colin> Oroborus windowmanager - A very liteweight wm - no frills like
  Colin> setting background etc. themeable, and thats about it - all it
  Colin> does is handle windows. everything else is handled by whatever
  Colin> panels, taskmanagers, icon handlers you chose to use yourself.
  Colin> Its gnome compliant and has Xinerama support (My package doesnt
  Colin> support Xinerama as I dont have a Xinerama setup)

If possible, try to get it compiled with the Xinerama support, as there
will be those in Debian who will want to use it.

  Colin> Keylaunch - Allows you to bind keys to launch programs in X. i.e
  Colin> alt-return for an Xterm ctrl-alt-n for netscape etc. Very handy :)

  Colin> Deskmenu A tiny gtk root menu that allows you to launch programs,
  Colin> select tasks or quit X.

  Colin> Desklaunch A little program to add icons to your desktop

  Colin> All of these sources are available from
  Colin> http://www.kensden.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Oroborus/download.htm.
  Colin> Ive made up packages of all of these and they are available at
  Colin> http://indigo.ie/~fowler/oroborus/. none contain manpages because
  Colin> the original sources came with none and I haven't written them
  Colin> yet.

No manpages is fine for now. However, you should set up that subdirectory
of your homepage to be apt-able, so that one can add it to their
sources.list. If you have apt version 0.5.0 or above, install the
apt-utils package and read the apt-ftparchive manpage; or, read the
manpages for dpkg-scanpackages and dpkg-scansources from the dpkg-dev
package. Note that for these two, the override file they want can just be
/dev/null. And if you need help doing this, feel free to ask.

Also, what Debian distribution are you running? Developers are usually
expected to run testing, if not unstable, in order to to build packages.

  Colin> If anyone is interested in helping me in my quest to become a
  Colin> Debian developer and give back to a project that I love please
  Colin> contact me !

Certainly :)

-chris
--
"Meat. They're made out of meat."

"It's better than bad, it's good!"

(I subscribe to all lists that I post to; please do not Cc me on list
reply)
Chris Danis                                 screech@mad.scientist.com
danish@debian.org                                  screechco@home.com
Debian GNU/Linux - www.debian.org                    dadanish@usa.net