Re: Porting of non-free packages

On Mon, Feb 19, 2001 at 11:45:34AM -0500, Joe Drew wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 19, 2001 at 04:40:31AM -0600, Christian T. Steigies wrote:
> > [...] After all, non-free is not part of debian AFAIK,
> > thats why the buildds prefer to spend their time on main packages.
>
> This I understand; but, before releasing stable (ie during freeze), do
> the buildds build non-free and contrib packages that aren't up-to-date?
I don't think so. non-free is non-free even during the freeze. For potato I
used to build all contrib and non-free stuff on my m68k box at home, I don't
know what the other arches did. But with the advent of the pools, my mirror
scripts fail and I lack time and interest to spend on non-free.

> If not, during freeze (when presumably the buildds are less busy, once
> they've caught up), can we get access to these machines to build our
> non-free and contrib packages?
During the freeze is before the freeze, no special handling I think (but I
do not handle the buildds). However, as you could see on the machines page,
accounts are available on request. You just have to remember that we have
only this one machine on the net, resources are limited, the buildd comes
first. And you will note m68k is not the fastest arch on the world (allthough
the nicest ;-)

Christian
--
http://people.debian.org/~cts/