debian infrastructure out of sync? where's the reference debian package archive?

A user reported to me that he can't find libstl for unstable. I checked
and it was available on my mirror and I told him so thinking maybe it was
a problem with pools and the package being somewhere in the middle of a
transfer. Upon which he later reported that it even wasn't available on
the main debian server (ftp.debian.org). I checked again later and it was
there, but:

http://packages.debian.org/unstable/text/xxdiff.html

is still listing libstlport as NOT AVAILABLE, but:

http://cgi.debian.org/cgi-bin/search_packages.pl?keywords=libstl&searchon=names&version=all&release=all

on the contrary says it's there.

Now what is the refernce archive? I'm reading in the
"developers-reference" that it's ftp-master.debian.org, but it does not
seem to contain the archive, at least not through anonymous access...

To me this all looks a bit like the whole debian infrastructure being
slightly out of sync.

Any comments? Is there anybody particular I should tell/bug about this?

*t

             Tomas Pospisek
	     http://sourcepole.ch
	     Tel: +41 (81) 330 77 11