Sponsor/Teacher Requested

I will be packaging TinyMUSH 3.0 for Debian, and, having read all of the
relevent manuals (and some irrelevent ones), have noticed that this will
probably require some out-of-the-ordinary procedures, outlined below. I am
requesting that somebody with experience in resolving these matters, or at
least experience in finding the solutions to strange procedures please
volunteer to be a personal "guide" through this packaging. Hopefully, I
will be able to e-mail this person directly to resolve issues as I work
through the packaging process, and have a chance to learn the
intricancies of Debian maintainership as somewhat of an intern.

Please contact me either by this list or directly at jeisen@mindspring.com
if you are able to volunteer. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Peculiar Issues:

* TinyMUSH is meant to be running as a service, much like IRC, but it is
  usually used within a user account. This is not to say that the code is
  insecure, but it is not commonly a root-run process.

* Similarly, configuration files and datafiles are not usually kept in
  /etc or /var, but in something like /home/jon/tinymush/game.

* I am not positive, but I believe the program is able to run several
  servers at once, but it is an unlikely use. If two or more are used,
  the common practice is to put each TinyMUSH server in a different
  account/directory.

* TinyMUSH requires gdbm 1.8.0, which, while unavailable as a debian
  package, is included in the TinyMUSH source, and does not need to
  be installed as a systemwide library.

* There are likely more, but I cannot think of them off of the top of my
  head.

Thank you,
Jonathan Eisenstein
jeisen@mindspring.com