Re: Including debian directory in CVS, or not.

On Thu, Jun 01, 2000 at 11:31:54AM +0200, peter karlsson wrote:
> Peter S Galbraith:
>
> > I could add the debian directory to CVS and to `make source' such
> > that it becomes part of the upstream tar file.  Good idea?
>
> I think so. They don't do any harm to others, and it's good to have all the
> files in one place.

That's not true. One day he may orphan the package to someone who does not
have CVS access, and then they will have to patch the upstream debian
directory. IMO, debian/ in upstream is not a good idea unless *you* are
the author.

I've run into this problem with shadow. It is very kind of the shadow
author to include debian package files in the tar, but I would prefer it
not be there since it makes it difficult to maintain (or it used to till I
switched to a different build system that ignores that directory
altogether).

Ben