ITP: javawrapper

Dear Colin,

> I intend to package javawrapper.
>
> Package: javawrapper
> Version: 1.0-1
> Section: utils
>  javawrapper uses the binfmt_misc feature of newer Linux kernels to execute a
>  Java class file directly simply by supplying its filename on the command
>  line like a normal executable. It also correctly handles classes contained
>  in packages.
>
> I'm also the upstream maintainer for this package, and the source is
> already being distributed in the kernel documentation tree.
>
> I'm not yet a developer, so I'm looking for a sponsor - please mail me
> if you want to help!

I will be happy to sponsor javawrapper that I have used and installed
locally.

The challenge, as I see it, is to write an /etc/init.d/javawrapper script
that ensures that binfmt_misc is installed and registers/unregisters
javawrapper with the kernel.

Sincerely,
		Kristoffer
--
Kristoffer Høgsbro Rose, phd, prof.associé  <http://www.ens-lyon.fr/~krisrose>
addr. LIP, Ecole Normale Supérieure de Lyon, 46 Allée d'Italie, F-69364 Lyon 7