Re: TIP vs. Pico

On Tue, 28 Dec 1999, Martin Schulze wrote:

> Christian Surchi wrote:
> > On 28-Dec-99 Martin Schulze wrote:
> >
> > > I guess currently pine depends on pico, thus in the future it would
> > > depend on tip | pico (in that order)
> >
> > No, pine and pico comes from the same source package (pine), but no
> > dependencies.
>
> Do they create different binary packages or not?  If not, this would
> now be recommended...

The editing part of Pine (which I'm using at the moment) is an integrated
part of Pine, but has also been separated in a separate binary, pico. I do
not have pico installed at my system, only pine.

The dependencies for pine are:
Version: 4.20-0.1
Provides: mail-reader, imap-client
Depends: libc-client4.6, libc6 (>= 2.1), libncurses4 (>= 4.2-3.1),
libpam0g, mime-support
Suggests: mail-transport-agent, imap-server

--
Tot ziens,

Bart-Jan