Re: New maintainer - intent to package LAM 6.1

At 05:51 -0700 1998-07-13, Stephen J. Carpenter wrote:
>Well...
>I would install alien and rpm ....then use alien to convert
>the rpms to tarballs...hmm I think this works for srpms too (I know
>I have unpacked at least one when I was investigating a package
>I thought would be good for debian)

It's better to use rpm2cpio on srpms, i.e. rpm2cpio filename.src.rpm | cpio
--extract, because a src.rpm is just a container for an upstream source
tarball, one or more patches, and a spec file for building binary rpm(s).
--
Joel "Espy" Klecker    Debian GNU/Linux Developer    <mailto:jk@espy.org>
<http://www.espy.org/>                          <ftp://ftp.espy.org/pub/>