Re: build?? why not?

At 02:37 -0500 1998-03-21, Shaleh wrote:
>I currently use "build" to create my packages and "deb-make" to start
>them.  Is there a reason why I should not.

deb-make creates rules files that use debstd, which doesn't offer much
control over what it does (not to mention that it sometimes violates
policy). I recommend debhelper instead, there is a 'dh-make' package in
experimental (may be still stuck in incoming) which works nearly the same
as deb-make except it uses debhelper in its rules files. build is fine,
it's merely a wrapper around dpkg-buildpackage.

--
Joel "Espy" Klecker    <mailto:jk@espy.org>    <http://web.espy.org/>
Debian GNU/Linux Developer...................<http://www.debian.org/>