Re: egcs version numbering / not working objc-compiler

On Tue, Apr 21, 1998 at 03:07:41PM +0200, Matthias Klose wrote:
> - build the objc-compiler from a newer egcs snapshot release and
>   include it in the release.
>
> Now I have some problems with the versioning scheme. The current
> egcs-1.0.2-0.7 build's egcc_2.90.27-0.7, gobjc_2.90.27-0.7 and so on.
> Which version number should I use to build from egcs-snapshot-XX-0.1 the
> working gobjc package, such that it can easily overwritten by a egcs
> release with a working objc-compiler?

Just use the date (e.g. 19980419-1); that's how snapshots were numbered in
the past. When there's a new egcs release with working objc-compiler, dpkg's
"epoch" functionality can be used to handle this (as it did with the first
snapshot->release transition).

Ray
--
LEADERSHIP  A form of self-preservation exhibited by people with auto-
destructive imaginations in order to ensure that when it comes to the crunch