Re: making SGML package (sdc) sgml-base compliant

"Adam" == Adam P Harris <apharris@onshore.com> writes:
> [...]
Adam> However, I suspect the package is not going to cope too well
Adam> with all the DTD files being moved.

>> Umm. What appears to be the problem?

> Umm!  To be honest, I haven't attacked it yet but sdc is a bit of a
> mess to begin with.  *blush*

>> Does the package not use the catalog file then? I thought catalog
>> files were standard?

> It has its own catalog file.  Which sucks, because if you want to
> run nsgmls over it w/o the benefit of 'sdc' or you want to run
> psgmls mode in emacs you have to set some env vars to get it to look
> there.

> As for the rest of this issues here, I'm going to follow up
> privately with Christian and Manoj.  I think I should be able to get
> 'sdc' to use /usr/lib/sgml/{dtd,entities}.

This has been resolved in newer versions of 'sdc'.  I was able to do
post-processing on the upstream catalog file, and had to ensure that
the DTDs used PUBLIC identifiers rather than SYSTEM identifiers.

In other news, that package also has other deep cuts into the
documentation and image handling system; I've been chided for doing
the before but it really bugs me to see out-of-date and misspelled
documentation.   I've submitted the patches for non-debian-specific
changes upstream, of course.

If anyone is curious, take a look at the 'sdc' package.  It has a
pretty complicated 'rules' file.  I try to keep debian-specific
changes happening under the 'debian' subdir.