Re: Command line switches for aeskulap

Am Fri, Nov 11, 2022 at 09:57:36PM +0100 schrieb Andreas Tille:

> Am Fri, Nov 11, 2022 at 07:39:53AM -0800 schrieb L Peter Deutsch:
> > Dear M. Pipelka and M. Tille,
> >
> > I found your names and e-mail addresses on the aeskulap man page.
> >
> > A hospital has provided us with a CD of CT scans in DICOM format that are
> > essential for my husband's surgery.  The surgeon's staff has been unable to
> > view them; convert (ImageMagick), dcm2pnm, and dcmj2pnm all produce images
> > that are gray with only tiny shade variations.  aeskulap produces beautiful
> > clear images, but the surgeon's office does not run Linux and cannot use
> > aeskulap.
> >
> > I have been unable to find any documentation for aeskulap other than a very
> > short man page.  I could have sworn I saw a man page that gave instructions
> > for a command line switch that caused aeskulap to write an image file in
> > some more usable format (PNG, PDF, ...), but I cannot find this page
> > anywhere now.  Does such documentation exist, and if so, where?

As fas as I remember there were not really any switches.

Discussion was on adding DICOMDIR support to the command line
somehow.

Have you tried importing the images into the Orthanc DICOM
server and re-retrieving images from that as PNG ?

	www.orthanc-server.com

There's a Debian package available.

Retrieval can be done with some simple Python.

If you get the images into that, and if you can display them
OK with the integrated browser based viewer, I can try to
help out with some Python code. For starters on that, go
here:

	https://github.com/ncqgm/gnumed/blob/master/gnumed/gnumed/client/business/gmDICOM.py

Bast,
Karsten

> > 					L Peter Deutsch
> > 					(original author of Ghostscript)

Thanks.

--
GPG  40BE 5B0E C98E 1713 AFA6  5BC0 3BEA AC80 7D4F C89B