Re: Can someone have a look at the new upstream version of plink2

Hi Andreas,

Andreas Tille, on 2022-08-04:
> I tried to upgrade plink2 to latest upstream but as per Salsa CI[1]
> the build fails on amd64 with
[…]
>  1534 | #      error "32-byte-float-vector builds require FMA3 as well."

plink2 is one of the packages implementing simde.  It looks like
for certain architecture flags, the source code also expects to
be able to make use of fma instructions, which are CPU specific.

Not all x86_64 processors support fma, so -mfma would be another
build option to add to the simde build for the vector intrinsics
which require it.  The processor flag would also need to be
checked in the dispatch code when selecting the proper binary
for the end-user CPU.

In hope this helps,
--
Étienne Mollier <emollier@emlwks999.eu>
Fingerprint:  8f91 b227 c7d6 f2b1 948c  8236 793c f67e 8f0d 11da