Re: Freexian-funding for what keeps nagging us?

Le Wed, Apr 06, 2022 at 11:52:28PM +0200, Steffen Möller a écrit :

> https://freexian-team.pages.debian.net/project-funding/

Hi Steffen and everybody,

maybe it would be useful to produce and distribute one small Singularity
container per debian-med package ?

I know that biocontainers are popular but...

 1) their contents are heterogenous and unpredictable.  In particular,
 some contain GNU sed, and other only contain busybox sed.  This makes
 writing shell scripts a real pain.

 2) I am not confident that they are all DFSG-free, in particular
 regarding non-commercial use clauses.

 3) Some of them lag behind upstream versions, and as a Debian developer
 it is far easier for me to update a Debian package than update a
 biocontainer.

 4) Maybe we can innovate a way to circumvent the need for "mulled"
 containers, by taking advantage that most of our packages can run
 perfectly on identical Stable roots ?

Have a nice day,

Charles

--
Charles Plessy                         Nagahama, Yomitan, Okinawa, Japan
Debian Med packaging team         http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-med