Re: Self Introduction

Please do not reply to me personally, rather reply on the list.
See below :-

On Fri, Apr 01, 2022 at 01:14:09AM +0530, Vinay wrote:
>> Cool. But I do not see this package in the archive.
>> Am I misunderstanding something?
> The package isn't uploaded to the archive yet.

Okay, do you need sponsoring for this?
Where are your packaging changes, if you can link up?

> > Great, what tasks are you interested in doing?
> > If you are not sure, then for newcomer tasks you
> > could look into packages needing autopkgtest[1] pick a package
> > and add an autopkgtest to it.
> Sure will package and if any doubts can i drop the question on the
> matrix room or to the mailing list?

Mailing list is better for most queries, matrix is good for quick reports/quick queries.
Also, please head over to this link[2] and subscribe to the mailing list if you haven't already.

Let me know once you are done, so I/others will not have to CC you everytime and
you could read the replies from list mail.

> I would like to choose the package python-seqcluster ,

python-seqcluster is in contrib, and I am not sure if debci runs for contrib packages or not.
In any case, as first task, please do not work on seqcluster, rather
choose a different package which is in main section instead.

> i'm new to
> autopkgtest any wiki links to refer to get started

Sure, you can take a look at the HOWTO here[3]
There are plenty of examples, you can for instance refer these[4-8]

Do not hesitate to ask if you need more help :)

> [1]: https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/community/helper-scripts/-/blob/master/debian-med-tests.txt
[2]: https://lists.debian.org/debian-med/
[3]: https://salsa.debian.org/ci-team/autopkgtest/-/blob/master/doc/README.package-tests.rst
[4]: https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/shovill/-/tree/master/debian/tests