Re: Autopkgtest for perm

On 8/2/21 6:44 PM, Nilesh Patra wrote:
>>> the autopkgtest which was initially working fails [3].
>>
>> The autopkgtest says:
>>
>> Info 3: Sortubg buckets using 2 CPUs                                          .
>> *** buffer overflow detected ***: terminated
>> Info 3: Successfully made the index
>>
>> My guess is that enabling hardening options has uncovered some memory leak.
>> I'd recommend firing up gdb and try finding the issue.
>
> The basic problem is that it has several instances of strcpy and sprintf, which are
> famously known for causing buffer overflows.

After lots of fiddling around, I fixed the buffer overflow, and the autopkgtest now
works as intended[1] \o/

This was a lot of fun :))

But, I'd still say that the this is a candidate for removal

@Andreas, since we are near the release, should I upload the new change, or do I file an RC bug for it to be removed from testing?
IMO some action should be done.

[1]: https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/perm/-/commit/8034f60434e71f71eaa180faf417cc63a2871e87/pipelines?ref=master

Nilesh