Re: Outreachy- 2021

Hello Aditi,

On Sat, Feb 27, 2021 at 09:26:29AM +0530, Aditi Singh wrote:
> Hello everyone,
> I am Aditi.
> I was hoping to contribute to Debian this summer.

Thanks for your interest in Debian and specifically this project.

> The contribution period
> hasn't started yet but I was hoping if I could set up the project and read
> about it a little in advance.

It would be interesting to know whether you have some Debian packaging
skills.  Its also interesting to know whether you have some background
in bioinformatics or medicine since the tasks that need to be solved are
probably easier to do with some knowledge in this field.

> So, are there any specific pre-requisites or steps I need to take, or a
> particular starting point?

Maybe reading about autopkgtest makes sense and this might be a good
reading for a start:

    https://wiki.debian.org/ContinuousIntegration/AutopkgtestBestPractices