Re: [Request for review] rna-star

Hello,

Am 26.02.21 um 13:43 schrieb Nilesh Patra:
> Hi Michael and other folks,
>
> The version 2.7.8a of rna-star which Steffen uploaded a couple of days
> ago seems to use intel intrinsics which leads unfortunately builds on
> non-amd64
> Since simde is a good way to mitigate this, I tried using this -- on
> testing on a arm64 porter box, build goes green and autopkgtests (I
> manually an them) look good as well.
>
> Can I please get a review of my changes?
I already expressed that I liked them. If they autotest then I think
everything is fine. I will ask upstream if he minds/would adopt that
patch of yours.

> Also, I'm not sure if it'd be good to be uploaded during the soft
> freeze, and need suggestions here. Note that it also uses a
> "Built-Using" on simde due to it's license being GPL3+

Let's ask upstream. Other distros have 2.7.8a already - like guix and
conda, so should we. If the package builds for you, then this is just
fine, but we should contact upstream nonetheless. I came up with
https://github.com/alexdobin/STAR/issues/1160 and, @Nilesh, you may want
to comment on it in some way so Upstream knows whom to acknowledge for
this contribution.

Best,

Steffen