Re: Summarising Debian Med sprint online (Was: Third day of online sprint ...)

Hi Joost,

On Tue, Feb 23, 2021 at 08:54:13PM +0100, Joost van Baal-Ilić wrote:
> Andreas: thanks for organising this sprint, and thanks a lot
> for your nice report.  Much appreciated.

:-)  Thanks a lot for your comments.

> On Tue, Feb 23, 2021 at 03:33:42PM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
>
> Maybe organise a sprint during another big event like fosdem, debconf or
> fossasia.

Hmmm, this is an interesting idea.  We *intentionally* avoided this to
make sure people could concentrate fully on the sprint.  I get the idea
that attendees of the "big" event might reserve time for this and thus
could lurk "also" on our sprint.  But do you think that this will bring
more attendees in our common "room" for an mentionable amount of time?

> I took preparations to run the virtual debian booth @ fosdem: made
> sure i was not at home but at another place with power and internet, informed
> family i would be off.

I fully agree that this is some sensible means.

> For myself, if I don't prepare like that, I won't be
> able to "attend" an event like this.
>
> O, and maybe announce not just @ debian-med and debian-sprints, but also @
> debian-science and debian-r.

Yes, some wider announcement could do some good here.

> I wish and work on being able to join next time.

Happy to hear this. :-)