Re: Organising Debian Med Sprint starting on Thursday

On 16/02/2021 17:06, Andreas Tille wrote:
Hi friends of Debian Med,

this will be our first online sprint.  I will miss you all in person but
lets make the best out of it - hopefully meeting people who never made
it to any sprint due to the big effort to travel.
[...]
Hi, Andreas.

I won't be attending the Sprint, but do I want to thank you and everyone else contributing to Debian-Med for all your hard work and dedication.

I now install "med-bio" and "med-bio-dev" under Ubuntu-MATE 20.04 LTS along with "x2go" and "Bioconda" as "Bio-Linux". I use the software you've packaged for my own work on the molecular genetics of drought-tolerance and Nitrogen-use-efficiency in Rice and for studies of the micro-virome of Tsetse files and Mosquitoes as well as for the cancer genomics work on the cluster at the Mario Negri Institute in Milan.

I also recommend Debian-Med to anyone who wants to do bioinformatics: Most recently, I did a remote installation of 'Bio-Linux' on a computer in India as part of my work at the University of Aberdeen in Scotland.

Thanks for making all this useful software so easy to install,

  Tony.

mob. +44(0)7985 078324        mailto:tony.travis@minke-informatics.co.uk