Re: First day of online sprint

Hi Matúš,

Am 18.02.21 um 22:57 schrieb Matus Kalas:
> I'm personally too overloaded with other work at the moment :/ But if
> you decide on an "everyone meets" timeslot e.g. on Saturday, I'll very
> gladly join to say hi.
I agree that this would be a good idea. Need to finish some real life
work myself. Somehow, for IT people, these lockdowns do not come with
extra time, I think.

> A quick status update from the ELIXIR/"metadata" side:
> The Debian-ELIXIR(&SciCrunch) collaboration is gaining general
> recognition, what's very nice to see. All thanks to the hard work of
> many of you folks, the main Debian Med contributors!
> To offer at least something small back to the Debian community, we
> explicitly included a deliverable in the commissioned ELIXIR
> Infrastructure Service "Tools Ecosystem" (2021-2023), that will feed
> the upstream "tools metadata" updates (incl. EDAM) to Debian packages.
> It'll be up to you in which form; e.g. auto-generated merge requests
> to Salsa, to be reviewed by the package maintainers? (no need to
> decide yet)

That is nice. My immediate thought was that for anything team maintained
on Debian Med (and likely also for Debian Science) or whereever you are
already a team member and did a poll on the respective mailing list, you
can just go and do the commit yourself. Otherwise, the place to go is
the Debian Bug reporting system (bugs.debian.org). Nobody sees these
merge requests in gitlab, I am afraid.

I am particular happy for anything happening on the d/u/edam front.

> If anything pops up during this sprint related to "upstream metadata"
> (bio.tools, SciCrunch, EDAM, ...) where I could chip in, please ping
> me on email or if/when I manage to show up, and I'll find some time.

We should possibly just somehow find the time a bit more frequently,
also between these sprints, to push things forward :)

Best,

Steffen