Hi all,

And big thanks for the daily summary Andreas!! I highly appreciate the contributions of this Sprint.

I'm personally too overloaded with other work at the moment :/ But if you decide on an "everyone meets" timeslot e.g. on Saturday, I'll very gladly join to say hi.

A quick status update from the ELIXIR/"metadata" side:
The Debian-ELIXIR(&SciCrunch) collaboration is gaining general recognition, what's very nice to see. All thanks to the hard work of many of you folks, the main Debian Med contributors! To offer at least something small back to the Debian community, we explicitly included a deliverable in the commissioned ELIXIR Infrastructure Service "Tools Ecosystem" (2021-2023), that will feed the upstream "tools metadata" updates (incl. EDAM) to Debian packages. It'll be up to you in which form; e.g. auto-generated merge requests to Salsa, to be reviewed by the package maintainers? (no need to decide yet)

If anything pops up during this sprint related to "upstream metadata" (bio.tools, SciCrunch, EDAM, ...) where I could chip in, please ping me on email or if/when I manage to show up, and I'll find some time.

All the best, have a great Sprint, and see you later ;)
Matus

On 2021-02-18 21:31, Andreas Tille wrote:
Hi folks,

just a short notice about the sprint today.  We have established a
new communitcation channel:

    https://app.element.io/#/room/#debian-med:matrix.org

Please join us on matrix if you consider instant messaging a sensible
enhancement for your workflow.

Regarding the sprint itself:  I admit I had hoped to more attendees but
it seems people do not take one or two days off if the sprint is "only"
from home. If you need to book a plane and travel to some place that is
different.  Those who joined did some valuable contributoins reaching
from very generic stuff (Étienne worked on libzstd and now has a
changelog entry on every Debian 10 entry installation ;-)) via fixing
several cross-build issues (Nilesh) and other things.  I for myself
concentrated a bit on BioConductor issues and kept on hunting not yet
migrated packages.

I'd be super happy to see more people tomorrow.