Re: Organising Debian Med Sprint starting on Thursday

On 17/2/2021 3:45 pm, Andreas Tille wrote:
Dear Robbi,

thanks a lot for your interest in Debian Med.

On Wed, Feb 17, 2021 at 12:06:47PM +0800, Robbi Nespu wrote:
On 17/2/2021 1:06 am, Andreas Tille wrote:
Everybody is welcome to join - preferably newcomers since every sprint
brought new people to the project and I'm hoping to be able to continue
with this success.

I am newcomers (just joined this ML this week, after reading articles about
2020-covid19 biohackathon happen previously)

Nice to hear that this information brings new readers to our mailing
list.

and I still clueless what I can
do but I saw personal agendas "Mentor newcomers how to fix bugs, write
tests, build packages" which caught my attention. May I know what time the
tutorial start?

Usually we do not set any schedule to our sprints but rather do things
"at request".  In past real life sprints it sometimes happened that some
people who were in need of some basic packaging training assembled in
a separate toom and I was demonstrating packaging on one example (which
is my favourite way to teach packaging).  This happened simply when we
all were in the mood for this (most sensibly at the beginning of the
sprint). ;-)

My idea how to implement this scheme in a virtual sprint is that once
we have met on Thursday morning in a video conference we simply ask who
might have interest.  Its probably also a very good idea if you simply
put your name into the wiki under a topic "needs packaging training".
So we can gather some people here.

I couldn't found where is "needs packaging training". Could you pin point the location for me?

Sprint wiki home[1] also empty. I not familiar yet with gollum wiki so I unable to find out where is the sitemap

In any case I strongly recommend to have a look at our Mentoring of the
month Wiki[1].  Here you get introduction links and everything that
might be needed to get some kickstart.

Hope this helps

      Andreas.

PS: I'll soon announce our "regular" bi-monthly Debian Med video
     meeting for today.  Feel free to also join there to get some
     first touch to some attendees (even if I will not make it
     personally today).

[1] https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/community/MoM/-/wikis/home

[1] https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/community/sprints/-/wikis/home
--
Email : Robbi Nespu <robbinespu AT SPAMFREE gmail DOT com>
PGP fingerprint : D311 B5FF EEE6 0BE8 9C91 FA9E 0C81 FA30 3B3A 80BA